When To Get Help
Post Abortive Complications: Warning Signs
Call your doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms after an abortion:
- Heavy bleeding or passing large clots (larger than golf ball size).
- Bleeding that lasts more than 14 days.
- Fever over 100 degrees.
- Abdominal pain that is worse than a normal period.
- Signs of infection such as achiness and general feeling of illness.
- Vomiting that lasts more than 4 hours.
- Sudden abdominal swelling or rapid heart rate.
- Vaginal discharge that has increased in amount or smells bad.
- Pain, redness or swelling in the genital area.